Event: Regional CPD
Wednesday September 18th 2019
Birmingham Dogs Home
Catherine-de-Barnes Lane, Catherine-de-Barnes, Solihull , West Midlands, B92 0DJ
|Brian Faulkner||Colourful Consultancy and BVRA founder|
|Kay Watson||BVRA founder|
These roadshow days will focus on what veterinary receptionists can do when dealing with difficult situations. These will include client anger, aggression, disrespect and complaints as well as when clients are anxious and sad.
The day will develop your emotional literacy and intelligence by understanding, recognising and managing the psychology of the core emotions of fear, anger, disgust, sadness and joy. You will learn how these manifest in veterinary practice as well as what we can do to handle them.
Anger is caused by 2 things; A sense of injustice and / or A sense of obstruction. Anger is a common and volatile feature of how clients express their dissatisfaction and it is important that we understand how to handle it as effectively as we can
Contempt / disrespect
Contempt is a form of disgust which occurs when someone feels that you are “beneath them” and not worthy of your respect. Eye-rolling is a sign of contempt. You may see contemptuous behaviours when you are trying to explain or clarify something. It is one of the most toxic ingredients to any relationship and is hard to deal with
2pm – 3pm
Sadness and bereavement
Sadness is caused by a sense of loss. The loss of a pet is not something that can be recovered or reversed. Sometimes sadness associated with the loss of a pet is mixed with regret, guilt and anger. It is important that we understand what grief is, as well as its typical cycle, and what we can do to allow clients to ‘grieve’ over their loss without shame or embarrassment will go a long way to shortening the period of grief
3.20pm – 4.20pm
Fear and worry
We feel afraid when we perceive a real or imagined threat of harm or loss. Often our doubt or uncertainty about possible loss or harm are major causes of worry or anxiety, which is of course common when pets are ill. The key to managing anxiety is to help people manage their uncertainty and doubt and therefore we will look at the practical things you can do to help them understand that
Registration 9.30am for a 10 am start
Finish at 4.30pm
Please ensure you read these Terms and Conditions in full before signing up to the BVRA event.
- The registration fee includes 6 hours of CPD (an attendance certificate will be provided), a set of course notes, lunch and all refreshments throughout the day. It does not include overnight accommodation or travel to the venue.
- Payment must be made in full at the time of booking online.
- Places on each course are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
- All courses are non-residential.
- Course fees will not be refunded if a cancellation is made within the 30 days prior to the course commencing. Cancellation before this time will incur a 20% administration charge.
- All cancellations must be made either by email to email@example.com or by telephone.
- Booked places can be transferred to another person (no charge).
- No refunds will be made should the delegate miss the course.
- BVRA reserve the right to cancel a place on a course if payment has not been received.
- BVRA reserves the right to alter the programme, date, venue and speakers should this become necessary. BVRA will undertake to notify delegates as soon as possible of the change, but cannot be held liable for any additional costs to the delegates (travel, accommodation fees, etc) incurred as a result.
- In the event of cancellation of a course by BVRA, course fees will be refunded in full.
- BVRA will not be liable for travel, accommodation or any other expenses incurred by delegates.
- Personal possessions and valuables are the responsibility of the delegate at all times and at all venues. BVRA will not accept any liability for the loss of or damage to personal possessions and valuables.
- It is the delegate’s responsibility to inform BVRA in good time of any dietary requirements they may have. This information will be passed on to the venue prior to the course.