Event: Regional CPD
Thursday October 8th 2020
1 St Andrews Dr, Cumbernauld, Glasgow, G68 0EW
The Confidence Chromosome was originally delivered as part of Brian Faulkner’s Vet Whisperer programme to help vets builds and maintain their personal resilience and confidence needed to cope with the challenges of veterinary practice.
However, due to popular demand, Brian has created a Confidence Chromosome programme for non-vet roles including Veterinary Receptionists and Practice Managers.
This course is relevant to anyone who either experiences self-doubt themselves, or works, manages (or is even a parent!) to someone who does.
This course describes the psychology behind certain personality traits such as imposter-syndrome, inferiority-complex as well as arrogance and narcissism and how these all track back to all human beings’ biggest fear: The fear of rejection and ridicule by others.
The course will look at the impact of language and communication on how we see ourselves and others, as well as what we believe we are (in)capable of doing.
Arrival & Coffee
Defining Confidence and understanding Self-doubt
There’s bravado and then there’s genuine ’24-carat’ confidence! In order to acquire it we need to be able to recognise and understand what confidence really is – and isn’t! In order to build genuine confidence, we must always begin by looking at and dealing with the reasons why we don’t feel confident in the first place. Otherwise we are always just ‘papering over the cracks’. This session will look at 6 drivers of self-doubt including doubt itself, deadlines, difficultly, disappointment, disagreement and disapproval.
Strategies for dealing with self-doubt: The good, the bad and the ugly!
This session looks at the strategies that different people (all of us to some extent!) use to cover up our feelings of self-doubt such as perfectionism as well as arrogance and narcissism and how these can become counterproductive in the longer term.
The Confidence Chromosome model – part 1
This section looks at the role of beliefs in both undermining and developing self-confidence using Brian’s Confidence Chromosome model. We will look at how we acquire these beliefs and what we can do to change them should we so desire.
The Confidence Chromosome model – part 2
Please ensure you read these Terms and Conditions in full before signing up to the BVRA event.
- The registration fee includes 6 hours of CPD (an attendance certificate will be provided), a set of course notes, lunch and all refreshments throughout the day. It does not include overnight accommodation or travel to the venue.
- Payment must be made in full at the time of booking online.
- Places on each course are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
- All courses are non-residential.
- Course fees will not be refunded if a cancellation is made within the 30 days prior to the course commencing. Cancellation before this time will incur a 20% administration charge.
- All cancellations must be made either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone.
- Booked places can be transferred to another person (no charge).
- No refunds will be made should the delegate miss the course.
- BVRA reserve the right to cancel a place on a course if payment has not been received.
- BVRA reserves the right to alter the programme, date, venue and speakers should this become necessary. BVRA will undertake to notify delegates as soon as possible of the change, but cannot be held liable for any additional costs to the delegates (travel, accommodation fees, etc) incurred as a result.
- In the event of cancellation of a course by BVRA, course fees will be refunded in full.
- BVRA will not be liable for travel, accommodation or any other expenses incurred by delegates.
- Personal possessions and valuables are the responsibility of the delegate at all times and at all venues. BVRA will not accept any liability for the loss of or damage to personal possessions and valuables.
- It is the delegate’s responsibility to inform BVRA in good time of any dietary requirements they may have. This information will be passed on to the venue prior to the course.