There are two steps to becoming a BVRA member.
1. The practice becomes a member.
2. The practice then adds individuals as members.
An individual cannot be a BVRA member unless their practice is a member. Non-members can still complete BVRA courses and qualifications – at a higher cost.
Practice membership starts at £150+vat per year
The first 5 members are included in the practice membership. Additional members can be added for £30 +VAT per person.
A practice can register as many individual receptionists as you wish.
Many practices also sign up members of staff whose job title isn’t veterinary receptionist as they would like them to receive the front of house training that BVRA provides. This includes roles such as Veterinary Nurses and Veterinary Care Assistants.
The date on which a practice initially signs up will act as the practice’s annual renewal date.
Should a practice wish to sign up more than five receptionists, simply select the relevant number when purchasing membership and the balance will automatically be calculated for you.
Practices can add extra receptionists as BVRA members at any time using their BVRA account. Please note, that any extra individual memberships that are purchased after your practice annual renewal date will expire on the practice’s annual renewal date.
Benefits of being a BVRA member
- The Bronze level of the Accredited Veterinary Receptionist Award is free to BVRA members.
- BVRA members can purchase the Silver and Gold levels of the Accredited Veterinary Receptionist Award at the discounted member rate.
- BVRA members get discounted tickets to the BVRA’s Annual Congress.
- 20% discount at Silver Pet Prints.
- BVRA members get the Competent Veterinary Dispenser Award for free.
- BVRA members get preferred rates to BVRA CPD events held throughout the year. This includes online events.
- Exclusive access to BVRA’s Closed Facebook Group, where you can also advertise receptionist vacancies.
- Other membership benefits include discounted/ free access to other online CPD.