GDPR, Data Protections and Privacy
Colourful CPD is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Colourful CPD may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.
What we collect:
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including
- practice/personal address.
- email address
- telephone number
- employer’s information if they are paying for the course
- financial transaction data
- information on course chosen
- information on course work, including dates, pass/fail marks, examiners comments (certificate courses only).
- Information on any appeals made
- Information on all correspondence between Colourful CPD and yourself
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Manage your course registration.
- Keep you informed and updated on course work submissions (certificate only).
- Internal record keeping.
- Process feedback or complaints/appeals relevant to the Colourful CPD course.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise our examinations according to your interests.
- Add your name to the Colourful CPD qualifications register. You will have the option to opt out of having your name and award listed on the Colourful CPD register.
Data shared with third parties:
- Police/Legal – in the case of certain circumstances and where required by law, we may need to disclose information without your consent, if requests are made by Government or law enforcement authorities, or for the prevention of crime or fraud.
- We will not sell personal information to any third party.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Read our full Cookies list here.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above email address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Your rights in relation to information about you
- You have the right to block or restrict any data processing about you, but this will mean that you will no longer be able to complete the examination.
- You can ask us to give you a copy of the information we hold about you.
- Ask us to correct mistakes in information that we hold about you.
- Otherwise restrict our use of your data in certain situations.
- Claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws.
- You can exercise any of your rights by emailing email@example.com.
- Colourful CPD will ensure that all personal information supplied to us, is held securely, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018
- This means that the data is held on a secure set of servers in the UK hosted by our hosting provider. Data is backed up by our hosting provider and the facility has controls in place to prevent unauthorised access.
- If you feel that your data protection rights have been breached, and we are unable to resolve your concerns, you can lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office here https://ico.org.uk/
- Colourful CPD is registered with the Information Commissioner‘s Office UK (ICO).